Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Kellsey's Whipped Cream Session

This weekend we were supposed to have a yucky storm. Instead, we had some amazing skies that made the perfect painterly backdrop for Kellsey's fine art session. But first! We had to get a little messy :)

When I was a kid, we had an old record player that was about the size of a small sofa. And one of my favorite things was to put a record in and watch the needle as it spun round and round. It was very fascinating to me how music could come from the needle. And one of my favorite albums was "Whipped Cream and Other Delights". The woman on the cover was coated in whipped cream and she looked like a princess. For years, I've wanted to recreate it, with my own twist of course, and thanks to Kellsey, that is just what we did this weekend! I won't tell all my secrets ;) but we sure had a lot of fun!

Then, once we got all cleaned up, we drove out to one of the long farm roads and braved the strong Iowa winds (that blew my giant reflector away into a field!) for some sunset portraits. Thank you Kellsey for letting me have a little bit of fun!
















1 comment:

  1. Beautiful model. I love the uniqueness of the whip cream studio set, and the coutryside sky is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete